Who is Andru McCracken?

The most important part of being a leader is building a strong team. During my term as Mayor 2011 to 2014, our Council helped Valemount deal with the continuing fallout from our mill closure a few years previous that cost Valemount more than 20% of its highest paid jobs. By focusing on what Valemount already had and by making strategic investments in the community, our Council helped get the town back on track. The population and vitality of the community began to climb and continues to.

During my last term, council helped support a young man with a vision for a trail network. Now, hundreds turn out every weekend to take advantage of the Valemount Bike Park and local youth are gaining skills and confidence on the trails.

The strength of Valemount is in its visionary, hard working residents, and that includes youth. My goal is to support the people who help make Valemount great.

For the past year I have been the editor of the Rocky Mountain Goat, an award winning weekly community newspaper. The newspaper excels because of its strong team, and it keeps me on top of issues facing the community. (I am serving as a reporter during the election period).

My wife and I recently built a home on 8th Avenue. We have a two year old daughter who loves being outdoors.

I believe every challenge, from creating housing to attracting industry, from providing seniors care to taking care of Valemount’s new families starts with the will to face the issues head on and ask, what can we do?

I hope to use my previous experience as Mayor and the lessons I've learned to move the community forward again as part of a strong team.

On October 20th please cast your vote for me, Andru McCracken for Mayor.

Comments

Popular Posts